The California State
Association of Parliamentarians
Call to Annual Meeting
October 18-19, 2019
2151 Laurelwood Road
- Dave Meigel’s thinking outside the box with Parliamentary Jeopardy
- S. David Shapiro, PRP giving us an in depth look a motions that can apply to more than one motion at the same time.
- Bob Hall emphasizing the positions of Subsidiary Motions
- Gail Lover, RP sharing her 3B’s of Presiding via Reciprocity
- David Mezzera PRP having us explore our roles at meetings with Goldilocks and the Three Parliamentarians
- Finally, a panel of our working PRPs will take a look behind the curtain in their lives as parliamentarians
The Business sessions of the Annual Meeting will include electing a nominating committee for the 2020 CSAP elections and approving the 2019-2020 budget. There will also be a time for our Areas to meet. As always, plenty of chances to mingle with each other while having good meals.
Event registration (your tickets) will be handled via EventBrite again this year.
TWO WAYS TO REGISTER:
1. You may register online via EventBrite by clicking here.
Hotel Room Reservation Details:
- Discounted hotel room rate: $129.00 per night
- Room configurations available: Double Queen or King Suite
- American hot buffet breakfast included
- Free wifi high-speed internet
- Complimentary parking
- Free shuttle service to/from San Jose airport (SJC) to/from hotel (as available)
- Hotel discount deadline: Tue, October 8, 2019
- Hotel reservations must be cancelled 24 hours prior to arrival to avoid a penalty
To reserve your hotel room online:
Directions: Click on the link provided below. You will be directed to the CSAP 2019 Annual Meeting reservation page. Click on “Select & Go to the Next Step” to start the reservation process. Select the arrival and departure date and confirm dates of stay. Select a room type, and click on “Book.” Once you have selected to “Book” you will be brought to the guest information page where you will enter your information and method of payment. This should complete and confirm you reservation.
To reserve your hotel room via telephone:
Please call the hotel directly at 408-988-8411 and mention the Booking ID #36436 to get the special group rate for this meeting.